Find out more about our range of services for educational establishments
Let's get started...
We offer a range of Careers Education, Information Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) services to schools, colleges and other educational institutions
Training, products and services available to you from the Careers Solutions Professional Support Services
We provide Labour Market Information in a range of formats that are easily accessible and appropriate to the user
Careers Solutions maintains a robust Data Management Service
Careers Solutions produces briefings related to Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance news and policy
Information about how Connexions can support young people and their parents/carers
Who we are
Careers Solutions is a large provider of universal and targeted Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) and youth support services. We have a highly qualified, skilled and experienced workforce from a range of professional backgrounds. We have a proven track record of supporting the engagement, achievement and progression of young people; and of providing services to local authorities, schools, colleges and other learning providers across Greater Manchester and further afield.
We offer a range of services which can be tailored to your organisations requirements.
In response to changes in Government policy for the delivery of careers information, advice and guidance services we have developed a flexible and responsive offer aimed at schools, colleges and other learning providers to help meet the needs of young people in learning as well as those who need more support to re-engage.
Our services include:
- Independent and impartial careers information, advice and guidance
- Up to date knowledge of the labour market and opportunities within it
- Demonstrably strong links with employers, work based learning providers, and FE providers to ensure excellent placing services, including via our cnx2jobs website
- Data management services to monitor progress towards the raising of the participation age targets and to report on destinations
- Bespoke packages to support the provision of careers education
- Continued professional development to enhance CEIAG in your organisation
- Specialist services to support young people to achieve their potential
- Enhanced services to parents to support their understanding of the opportunities and routes available to their children.
We can help you:
- Meet the requirements of the Education Act 2011 which states that schools have a duty to secure independent and impartial careers guidance for Years 9-11, and provide information on post-16 careers, education, and training options including apprenticeships
- Contribute to Government policy on raising the participation age (RPA), which places a duty on young people to be in:
- Full time education;
- Work based learning; or
- Full-time work with part-time education alongside up to age 18
- Provide a clear outcome-based measure of your organisations effectiveness. Data on progression provided by the destinations measure will provide clear and comparable information on your organisations success in helping young people progress to a positive destination.
To find out more about the services we offer please visit the ‘What we offer’ section of the website (above).
For further information or to talk through your requirements please contact:
- Louise Parr, Service Manager - Schools - call 0161 245 4713 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chris McClelland, Head of Targeted Services - call 0161 245 4741 or email email@example.com
- Gareth Nixon, Professional Support Services Manager - call 0161 245 4807 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alkesh Patel, Database Manager, M.I. Bespoke reports via CCIS, Cnx2Jobs - call 0161 245 4930 or email Alkesh.Patel@careers-solutions.co.uk
News & Events
News / September 19, 2013
Job hunters across the country are committing common CV mistakes and not spending enough time on their CVs which is costing them new roles, accordi...
News / August 9, 2013
National Job Confidence Index highlights need for more careers advice
News / January 29, 2013
The National Cycling Centre in Manchester was the venue for Careers Solutions’ recent conference: ‘Improving Outcomes for Vulnerable Young People’ ...
News / January 29, 2013
A group of Manchester young people have received a whistle-stop tour of the hospitality industry, before meeting directly with employers to discuss...